NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are looking for a dynamic and inspiring Senior Director of Programs. The NCSY Canada Senior Director of Programs is responsible for managing effective oversight of programming and community impact across Canada. A qualified candidate is an individual who lives a Torah observant lifestyle and can convey this through their passion and knowledge. The candidate is a skilled communicator and a self- starter with the ability to problem solve and get things done. Friendly, supportive, savvy, and put together. They are also comfortable with supporting challenging situations, has a positive social presence, and possesses a demonstrated ability to support others around them to make positive professional choices. This position reports directly to the CEO of NCSY Canada.
1. Regional Programming
Ensure Kiruv and programmatic excellence, in close consultation with the CEO, through oversight and support for the implementation and execution of annual and ongoing formal and informal education programming including holiday and Shabbat events, Shabbatons, Learn and Earn, Alumni Department, social events among others.
- Support Program staff regularly, ensuring communication between parties
- Preempt and solve general issues
- Work with Logistics Coordinator to ensure successful implementation of programs and shabbatons
- Manage and oversee all major NCSY events, shabbat and holiday programs for all departments and closely work with other Program directors to ensure appropriate logistics of programs including end of year banquets and all tech
2. Shabbatons: Local and Regional
- Oversee and run Shabbaton onsite with Kiruv This includes all logistics and technical aspects ensuring the smooth running of events.
- Oversee all aspects of Yarchei Kallah
- Oversee all aspects of the March Break trip
- Attend all Regional Shabbatons
- Oversee schedule of local Chapter Shabbatons
- Responsible for the oversight of the NCSY program Budget, both income and
- Work closely with CEO and CFO to ensure accountability of programs and staff
- Oversee specific departments to ensure overall success and synergy across the
- Help foster a Family oriented community within all departments of NCSY and Torah
- Track and help set accountable growth metrics, KPIs and oversight for select
- Model and help staff adopt a growth mindset approach towards fulfillment of professional goals
- Oversee the Impact director to ensure that they are monitoring transitions of teens and audit goals
- Work with select Canadian chapters to ensure best practices, ie, KPI, Shabbaton attendance, annual calendar
- Create KPI reports and use data to ensure objective targets for select programs and for donors
5. Torah High
- Liaise with Torah High Principal to produce educational interfacing between Torah High and NCSY programs to ensure seamless goals are met
- Support Torah High’s operation as needed and where applicable
- Support specific Staff to define, in writing, goals for each programmatic deliverable
- Oversee creation of annual calendar
- Create and manage annual budgets for target programs
- Ensure fulfillment of collection of accurate data at all programs using existing sign in sheets
- Ensure all data is accurately recorded in database
- Liaise with National NCSY on Data management, KPI’s, RFPs, and National programs
- Run and attend meetings as needed
- Attend Staff Conference and all infrastructure meetings
- Ensure all NCSY standards and policies are monitored and supported
- Liaise with Marketing department to ensure program coordinators communicate with Parents regularly
We thank all candidates for their interest however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is Friday July 22, 2021.