Director of Education, Vancouver
NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking a Director of Education. The successful candidate will develop the quality of the informal and formal programming and classes. Additionally, they will have an acute focus on developing relationships with teens and moving them along the Mitzvah observance spectrum. A qualified candidate is an individual who lives a Torah observant lifestyle and can convey this through their passion and knowledge. The candidate is a skilled communicator and a self-starter with the ability to problem solve and get things done. Friendly, supportive, savvy, and put together. They are also comfortable with supporting challenging situations, has a positive social presence, and possesses a demonstrated ability to support others around them to make positive professional choices.
- Regional Programming
Ensure Kiruv and programmatic excellence, in close consultation with the CEO, through oversight and support for the implementation and execution of annual and ongoing formal and informal education programming including holiday and Shabbat events, Shabbatons, Learn and Earn, Alumni Department, social events among others.
- Support Program staff regularly, ensuring communication between parties
- Work with Logistics Coordinator to ensure successful implementation of programs and shabbatons
- Coordinate monthly holiday programs
- Shabbatons: Local and Regional
- Oversee and run Shabbaton onsite with Kiruv team.
- Attend all Regional Shabbatons
- Oversee education and schedule of local Chapter Shabbatons
- Shabbos Meals/Onegs
- Host teens/parents for Shabbat/Yom Tov at home 1-2x a month
- Informal teaching : JSU clubs and Torah High school
- Run weekly JSU clubs in local public or private schools
- Recruit and develop appropriate club Presidents
- Teach at Torah High while creating relationships with the students, enabling the class to be a springboard to other NCSY programs and events
- Recruit new students for Torah High.
Learn N Earn
- Run a weekly Learn N Earn/Latte N Learn program for teens
- JFX – family focused programs
- Create and run an ongoing program for NCSY Families
- Recruit new families
- Live2Give – chesed
- Participate and serve as educator for Live2give
- The Director of Education will be responsible to develop relationships with teens and oversee their personal growth process.
- Bi-weekly follow up with managing director to track the students and to set actionable steps relating to their personal growth.
- Administration/ Management
- Attend Staff Con
- Attend bi-annual infrastructure meetings and bi-weekly office update meeting on Monday
- Record all data for every event, chavrusah, and Shabbat meal on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate and work closely with Executive Director
- Work with regional team on marketing and recruitment of teens
- Ensure overall success and synergy across partnerships, shuls and organizations.
- Track and help set accountable financial and growth metrics, KPIs and oversight for staff and advisors.
- Model and help staff adopt a growth mindset approach towards fulfillment of professional/ educational goals
To apply please note to Director of Education in the subject heading of email and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is Tuesday ..
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.