PROGRAM COORDINATOR, VANCOUVER
NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking a Program Coordinator to work directly with the City Director, Vancouver. The Program Coordinator will be responsible to oversee the execution and growth of specific NCSY programs. They will look to develop both the quality of the programs they run, as well as the number of students the programs reach. Additionally, the candidate will have an acute focus on developing relationships with teens and moving them along the Mitzvah observance spectrum. They will have specific metrics they will be responsible for, relating to both the number of teens they reach and the impact they have on them.
Teaching at one of the local Jewish schools – VTT/RJDS/King David
- Run 2 JSU Clubs Weekly in the Tri-City area or Surrey/ Richmond
- Recruit and develop appropriate club Presidents
- Accountable for metrics relating to:
- number of teens reached in the school
- average weekly attendance
- Number of teens transitioned to weekly learning, Shabbat meals, shabbatons, and social/holiday events
- Teach a Torah High course, while creating relationships with the students, enabling the class to be a springboard to other NCSY programs and events
- Recruit new students for Torah High
- Participate in the Torah High Beit Midrash program
- Attend Vancouver Student Board meetings
- Create and run Richmond student board (monthly meetings)
Learn N Earn
- Run a weekly Learn N Earn/Latte N Learn program in Richmond
- Create and run a Vancouver NCSY Alumni program
- Create and run an ongoing program for Vancouver NCSY Families
- Recruit new families
Lunch and Earn
- Recruit Run a Lunch N Learn once in 2 weeks at King David
- Create an additional Lunch N Learn at one of the local kosher restaurants
- Participate in Live2give events over the course of the year
- Organize all logistics for the events
- Recruit students for events
- Follow up with each teen after the event
- Attend Vancouver Shabbatons and out of town Shabbatons
- Host teens/parents for Shabbat/Yom tov in their home 1-2x a month for a minimum total of 15 shabbat meals hosted per year
The Program Coordinator will be responsible to develop relationships with teens and oversee their personal growth process.
- Responsible to learn b’Chavruta with 5 teens weekly
- Bi-weekly follow up with City Director to track the students and to set actionable steps relating to their personal growth.
- Administration, Training, and Marketing
- Attend Staff Con
- Attend bi-annual infrastructure meetings and bi-weekly office update meeting on Monday
- Record all data for every event, chavrusah, and Shabbat meal in Iceburg on a weekly basis, no later than Tuesday night of the following week
- Oversee creating of flyers for all major events
- Coordinate marketing with Shara Tzedek newspaper
To apply please note PROGRAM COORDINATOR, VANCOUVER in the subject heading of email and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is Wednesday, July 7, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.