Event/Logistics Coordinator – Full Time – 1 Year Contract (Maternity Leave Replacement)
The Logistics Coordinator plays a crucial role in ensuring the efficient planning, coordination, and execution of various logistical needs of the NCSY Canada Operation, including Shabbatons, various events and programming.
This individual will be responsible for the coordination of logistics, travel and transportation, administration, and reporting to support the organization’s initiatives and maximize its impact on the community.
The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
• Plan and coordinate logistics for events, workshops, programs, trips, and conferences both locally, nationally, and internationally which span various durations,
• Plan, book, and execute site inspections and negotiate contracts to secure venues, accommodation, catering, activities, transportation, entertainment etc.
• Ensure timely setup and take down of event venues as well as the effective execution of all elements of the conference/event.
• Identify potential logistical challenges and proactively address them through effective problem solving and the development of contingency plans to handle unexpected issues during events.
• Process participant applications, payments and other transactions related to event registration.
• Communicate and collaborate with internal and external teams regarding events and conferences and provide clear and timely updates and instructions to all involved parties. This includes communicating with parents regarding trips and event information, payments, and addressing any concerns they may have.
• Compose all communications for pre-and post-events (information letters, follow up emails, surveys etc.)
• Work directly with Director of Operations for approval of budgets and payment schedules for every event.
• Coordinate transportation for staff, participants, volunteers, and materials.
• Work with external vendors to secure transportation services when necessary.
• Monitor and track transportation schedules to ensure punctuality.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of outreach materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to replenish stock and order SWAG, as directed by Director of Operations, as needed.
• Implement efficient storage and organization systems.
• Compile relevant data and regularly enter into the NCSY database
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Proven experience in logistics coordination, preferably in the context of events or outreach programs.
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector preferred.
• Prior experience working in a Jewish organization is an asset.
Required Skills & Job Knowledge:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
• Strong administrative and organization skills as well as being detail oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal abilities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet various deadlines
• Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Ability to attend events outside of standard business hours – in the evenings and weekends including overnight
• Ability to drive UHAULs with equipment for events, as required
• Access to a reliable vehicle for pickups and deliveries to and from events and programs
NCSY Canada is dedicated to ensuring the future of the Jewish people. We secure that future through building relationships with Jewish teens; increasing Jewish literacy by teaching them about their heritage and traditions; establishing lifelong connections to the Jewish people and Israel; and enhancing Jewish teens’ growth in Judaism.
NCSY is the youth movement of the Orthodox Union. NCSY spans North America, Chile and Israel, connecting to tens of thousands of teens on a weekly basis in its mission: To connect, inspire and empower Jewish teens and encourage passionate Judaism through Torah and Tradition.
NCSY’s programs focus on Jewish teens in public school with limited Jewish affiliation. NCSY connects with teens through innovative, cutting-edge social and recreational programs to develop a positive Jewish identity. NCSY inspires teens through informal Jewish education, retreats and summer programs. NCSY empowers teens through leadership development and guidance to become passionately committed leaders of the Jewish community and instruments for positive change and renewal.
NCSY Canada is headquartered in Toronto, with branch offices in Ottawa, Montreal, and Vancouver, and programs serving smaller Jewish communities.
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note LOGISTICS Coordinator in the subject heading of your email. Please note this is a maternity leave one year contract position.